Friday, February 12, 2016

Hexie Power Friendship

You may remember that just prior to Christmas I mentioned I was about to start on a table cover for my craft room.  I decided that I wanted to have my blog name feature in the midst of it as a celebration of sorts since my 6th Blog Anniversary was on the 5th of Feb and we will have been in this house 6 yrs on the 26th March.  But as we all know, blogging is also about friendships - old and new.  So I thought it would be rather awesome to have some of friends (blogging and non blogging ) feature on that cloth with a hexie from them that becomes the centre of each hexie flower I make to add to the cloth.  So far I've had 2 lovely ladies send me a hexie - This one arrived on Friday from Anthea of Hibiscus Stitches.  I can't wait to have it surrounded by petals.  Anthea also hosts an EPP (English paper piecing) linky on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month ...... I seem to have missed finding the linky for this fortnight, but hopefully will be there with the others the following one.  I work every Tuesday, so I'm usually either too early, or a bit late to the party ........ one day I'll make it lol
Latest friendship hexie from Anthea of Hibiscus Stitches
Hopefully there will be some other friends who want to help to make my Hexie Flower Table Cover - I understand it's a big ask with no "prize" attached, but that's kind of the thing - you see, I want it to represent friendships that are not based on getting something or winning something.  If anyone is interested in making up a hexie - here are the details:  The finished hexie needs to be 2.5inches along the finished edges.  Embroider your name, your blog (if you have one), and the town, state (if in Aust) or the country  if your are outside Australia .  Since the hexies are the centre of each flower, I'd love if you could use either a white, cream, calico, pale lemon or pale yellow fabric ....... please!  This way they will all work together rather nicely. I'm Looking forward to putting these friendship flowers together ....... leave me a comment or send me a private email (sharmshere@yahoo.com) or send me a message on Facebook if you are interested .  Before I go, I thought you might like to see a bit of progress on "Georgetown".  I've added a 2nd ball of 12 ply Cleckheaton Artistry, although it's a different lot of shading, but I think it will work, especially once it gets the border colour on both sides of it.  I was originally thinking of using Grey as the border, but now I'm tending to lean towards a blue tone.  This will be for my Dad who is moving down here next month and will need a warm scarf for the winter.  Any thoughts on border colour??  I'm thinking a soft grey which I have in my stash might just work up nicely....      Sure hope to hear some of you are keen to make a friendship Hexie ......... Have a great day!



4 comments:

Melody said...

I'd love to send you a hexes centre, I'll start stitch this weekend.

Chookyblue...... said...

would love to do this........what size 2.5inch?

Anthea said...

I hope you do get a few more hexy's Sharm... glad you like mine!

Sheryl said...

This is a lovely idea. I will get one done for you.